BLM Quickslates provide a simple but effective weatherproofing solution where a pipe penetrates a roof covering.
They consist of a rubber cone vulcanized on to a Lead slate base, manufactured from Code 4 Rolled Lead Sheet. The malleability of the Lead base means that unlike similar products that employ aluminium or hard metal bases, BLM Quickslates can be easily shaped or dressed to suit almost any roof profile.
They are used where flue pipes and soil stacks penetrate slate, tile, felt and asphalt covered roofs. Quickslates are also suitable for gas flues, withstanding temperatures of 150°C. Available to suit flat roofs with vertical outlets and 30º – 40º pitched roofs. Quickslates suit most pipe diameters up to 125mm.
- Provides a weathertight joint
- Saves welding
- Easier to fit than aluminium and zinc
- No maintenance required
- Cut the rubber to suit your pipe diameter
- Always cut the aperture in the rubber slightly smaller than the required diameter to ensure a weathertight fit
- Use a water based lubricant or silicone grease to lubricate the neck of the rubber sleeve of the Quickslate prior to fitting
- Use Lead-Cote to prevent unsightly carbonate from staining adjacent materials
- It is best not to use Patination Oil on Quickslates so to prevent damage to the rubber
- Take care not cut outside of the outer ring or into the wall of the upstand